Over 15 years of product management experience working with healthcare, e-commerce, enterprise and retail software products, systems and projects. Possess deep knowledge of product, project and business management as well as technical aspects of software/web development in Healthcare, E-commerce and retail environments using variety of technologies, server and cloud platforms.
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER
EPAM, New York, NY
2018 – Present
Role objectives: Driving productization and go-to-market initiatives for an enterprise product line, create full product line lifecycle. Support sales org activities with new and existing customers after the initial product launch. Work as a product manager player/coach in customers’ organization.
- Managing company’s productization and go-to-market strategy for an enterprise product line of products grouped into IT and People tracks, involving delivery, people/skills and AI-enabled metrics.
- Acquired first paying enterprise customers (financial, insurance, biotech industries) in less than a year after launch.
- Building and executing strategic product roadmaps across individual products within the product line.
- Driving the strategic decision-making within individual products to align them with the strategy of the product line and the general products portfolio strategy of the company.
- Defining a multi-channel go-to-market strategy, marketing/sales collateral, prioritizing team’s efforts on each product in the product line as well as for specific product families comprising the product line (IT track, People track, vertical markets, specific use cases).
- Working with Legal on master product agreements for international distribution of products/families and product line, including product and IP licensing, evaluation agreements as well as consulting services.
- Creating support organization for each product as well as robust support strategy for product line maturity, enabling teams to scale and respond to challenges as they arise.
- Working with Presales, Sales and Account Management organizations on discovering new opportunities of introducing the suite to new and existing EPAM customers, conducting product demos, workshops and walkthroughs, product trials and evaluations as well as validation through enterprise security and procurement processes for each customer.
- Working as a product manager player/coach at Vanguard – one of company’s clients where product management expertise is required.
- Building client’s product organizations as a part of digital transformation/product mentality transition.
- Defining product families/lines and product strategies for customers’ product organizations.
- Establishing product management competency and body of knowledge (product management playbook) for the client to enable scaling the product organization within the company
- Coaching individual team members on product management roles and responsibilities
- Actively participating in creation of EPAM’s internal product organization, product management competency – job descriptions, role assessments and evaluations as well as interviews.
- Playing a major role in creating a product management body of knowledge for company’s internal and external education and up-skilling efforts. Participating in teaching a product management training/educational course internally and externally.
- Presented and participated in major industry events, such as IA Conference in Chicago (2018), O’Reilly IA Conference (2018) in San Francisco, AI Summit in San Francisco (2019)
B2B Soft, New York, NY
2016 – 2018
Role objectives: Driving and managing company’s core B2B products and program-level initiatives within the company. Manage and deliver company’s flagship and internal products and their innovation, align company’s product vision and goals with teams and organizations’ deliverables.
- Assumed responsibility for company’s flagship product innovation (Retail Management System for wireless businesses), creating a separate strategy to bring all aspects of the product into contemporary technology landscape; improve time-to-market response and quality of delivered features.
- Implemented omni-channel strategy for B2B and B2C using eCommerce solution integrated with company’s own Retail Management System. This has closed a gap in product offering, resulted in better client retention and acquisition, created a new revenue stream for the company and allowed the company to expand into a completely new market.
- Created, designed and developed an automated Carrier Commissions Reconciliation System for major US carriers. The system reduces manual reconciliation work and recovers 60-80% of lost revenue for participating dealers while adding between 60 to 100% to company’s ARPU.
- Increased ARPU by 5% average, while significantly reducing the cost of solution maintenance by partnering with the new HR/HCM solution provider to bring additional functionality to the core product. This also allowed Sales org to bring several strategic clients and expand into the underserved market.
- Improved performance of customer support department by 30% average by completely rebuilding customer support model, introducing modern tools and processes.
- Improved retention (especially among large clients) by creating integration solutions with multiple vendors. Solution resulted in improved customers’ operational efficiency and reduced manual operations while working with company’s system by 90%.
- Led Product Improvement initiative by proactively researching, testing and implementing additional product features, functionality and integrations that address customers’ requests, pain points and add competitive edges to the product.
- Worked with sales, business development, customer support and delivery organizations shaping the future of the product and strategy to respond to both market and customers’ needs.
PRODUCT MANAGER / SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT
Allscripts (For Northshore LIJ), Melville, NY
2013 – 2015
Role objectives: Delivery of end-user facing clinical and business applications in data driven, high availability scalable SOA environment. Designed new and expanded existing healthcare information solutions based on customers’ needs and resources available. Ensured compatibility of projects with internal systems and standards. Managed two teams, 16 members total while wearing multiple hats.
- Delivered Health System’s Call Center application replacing manual processes and record-keeping:
- Established workflows at a call center covering multiple use cases (patient risk score categories)
- Separated access for clinical and non-clinical call center workers
- Provided integrations with other clinical systems (EMRs, Imaging, etc.)
- Regularly released updates as scheduled acting as Product Owner and technical architect
- Managed a distributed team of 7 engineers using rapid application development platform.
- Delivered end-user facing integrated clinical data web application; led multiple application integration projects acting as Product Owner leading distributed Agile/Scrum team of 9 engineers.
- Prototyped mobile-first application design, allowing clinicians completely migrate to use mobile devices.
- Represented both teams in Change Control meetings and architecture discussions.
- Owned teams’ technical infrastructure and technical change management, proposed and validated upgrades, maintained source code and technical documentation. Worked with PMO and procurement on infrastructure delivery required for projects.
- Managed relationships with senior leadership, clients and peer IT teams ensuring requirements are gathered and met during implementation. Negotiated/established communication protocols and APIs.
Worked with PMO on improving software development processes for teams where multiple resources were involved, ensuring adherence to SAFe/Agile processes, meeting UX/coding/testing and delivery standards. Focused team efforts on quality delivery and issue resolution.
EVO Merchant Payments, Cherry Hill, NJ
5/2013 – 7/2013
- Lead a team effort to produce requirements and functional specification documents and develop a solution for processing merchant payments via Discover payments network.
- Supplemented team’s efforts on data transformation and processing optimization.
PRODUCT MANAGER / MANAGER OF WEB DEVELOPMENT
Besins Healthcare Nutrition/Pure Matters, New York, NY
11/2011 – 03/2013
Role objective: Transform a content-first startup to an ecommerce nutraceuticals vendor. Manage day-to-day E-Commerce operations, including development, front-end (CMS and e-commerce solutions), payment and ERP systems management, vendor management, change management. Provide strategic product and technology guidance for the company’s C-level executive leadership.
- Initiated and led company’s platforms migration from proprietary e-commerce and CMS systems to open source solutions (Magento and WordPress) allowing company to reinvest 35-40% of IT budget internally.
- Set up a project tracking process with merchandise, marketing and creative teams which resulted in 50% improvement in overall project delivery times.
- Re-negotiated contracts with vendors slashing costs by 25%, increasing vendor output up to 20%.
- Managed external/vendor developers (.NET/MS SQL – up to 12 developers, including offshore) and vendors’ support teams (4GL – US-based and offshore), established Agile/SDLC processes in DEV team.
- Led in-house e-commerce projects from gathering business requirements from multiple internal groups, defining scope of work to creating technical specifications, budgets to execution and deployment.
- Served as technical advisor leveraging new technologies, cross-divisional technology optimization, digital content distribution, CDN, CMS, CRM, data architecture and e-commerce infrastructure.
Oversaw major projects, IT budgets, priorities, standards, procedures, and overall IT performance.
SENIOR WEB PROJECTS MANAGER / TEAM LEADER / OWNER
Zealus Web Design Studio, Brooklyn, NY
11/2005 – 11/2011
- Lead web design and technology development through all phases, from business goals to development, QA, and deployment.
- Managed and delivered e-commerce, CMS and other web projects, including development (LAMP/PHP, MySQL), pre-launch and after-launch support and maintenance, client support and training sessions.
- Gathered requirements from clients and prepared functional specifications and requirement documents; systems design documents, user manuals and help materials.
- Managed project budgets, schedules and resources; prepared budget and schedule estimates.
- Assisted clients with integration of multiple e-commerce sites based on various e-commerce platforms
- Hired and managed teams of developers (from 4 to 12 people), designers and UI engineers, including remote and offshore teams and developers.
- Pre- and post-sales negotiations with clients, strategic and IT advisement, selection of cloud solutions.
Healthfirst, New York, NY
04/2008 – 11/2011
- Worked with multiple business users across several departments to coordinate and finalize business requirements for designed software, produced functional specifications documents for major releases
- Spearheaded migrating development to C# from VB.NET; proposed and led migration from VSS 2005 to TFS 2010 as source control solution.
- Participated in team efforts to build new department-wide software development standards
- Developed and maintained multiple in-house applications (including EMR/CRM) using .NET 4.0/3.5/2.0, C#/VB.NET/ASP.NET interfacing multiple data sources (iSeries AS/400, MS SQL, flat file feeds, XML)
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER/DATABASE DEVELOPER/ADMINISTRATOR/CONSULTANT
06/1995 – 4/2008
Clients: Pfizer, ING Barings, Deutsche Bank, New York Life insurance, small businesses and individual clients
Courses in Business Analysis – 2008 – 2011
BA in Entrepreneurial Management, Baruch College, CUNY, New York, NY – 2007 – current