Over 15 years of experience implementing and managing e-commerce and healthcare IT systems using management skills, vast technical and business background. Possess deep knowledge of business, management and technical aspects of software/web development in Healthcare, E-commerce environments using Microsoft and open source technologies, server and cloud platforms, ERP/PIMS/CRM/CMS.
PRODUCT OWNER / TECHNICAL PM / SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT
Allscripts (For Northshore LIJ), Melville, NY
2013 – current
Role objectives: Delivery of end-user facing clinical and business applications in data driven, high availability scalable SOA environment. Architecting new and expanding existing healthcare information solutions based on customers’ needs and resources available. Ensuring compatibility of projects with internal systems and standards. Managing two teams, 16 members total while wearing multiple hats.
- Delivered Health System’s Call Center application providing call center with finalized workflow; continue to regularly release feature updates as scheduled acting as Product Owner and technical architect managing a distributed team of 7 engineers using rapid application and prototype development platform.
- Built and consistently improved brand new end-user facing integrated clinical data web application based on vendor-provided code-base; led multiple application integration projects acting as Product Owner leading distributed Agile/Scrum team of 9 engineers. Prototyped and proposed mobile-first application design, allowing clinicians completely migrate to use mobile devices of their choice (tablets/phones).
- Representing both teams in Change Control meetings and architecture discussions.
- Own teams’ technical infrastructure and technical change management, propose and validate upgrades, maintain source code and technical documentation. Work with PMO and procurement on infrastructure delivery required for projects.
- Managing relationships with senior leadership, clients and peer IT teams ensuring requirements are gathered and met during implementation. Negotiating/establishing communication protocols and APIs.
- Established and working with PMO on improving software development processes for teams where multiple outside and internal resources are involved, ensuring teams follow SAFe/Agile/SDLC processes, meet user experience/coding/testing and delivery standards. Providing clear communication paths and focusing team efforts on quality delivery and issue resolution.
- Tracking and evaluating new standards, technologies and trends in Web architecture, development, design, and delivery. Evaluating and recommending tools and solutions; picking the most efficient and cost effective for the systems design introducing innovation to areas that need it, while ensuring solution meets the business’ strategic objectives.
EVO Merchant Payments, Cherry Hill, NJ
5/2013 – 7/2013
- Lead a team effort to produce requirements and functional specification documents and develop a solution for processing merchant payments via Discover payments network.
- Supplemented team’s efforts on data processing optimization.
- Assisted EVO with expertise on data transformation and modification processes using C# and MS SQL.
MANAGER OF WEB DEVELOPMENT
Besins Healthcare Nutrition/Pure Matters, New York, NY
11/2011 – 03/2013
Role objective: Manage day-to-day E-Commerce operations, including development, front-end (CMS and e-commerce solutions), payment and ERP systems management, vendor management, change management. Provide strategic technology insight for company’s C-level executive leadership.
- Initiated and led company’s platforms migration from proprietary e-commerce and CMS systems to open source solutions (Magento and WordPress) allowing company to reinvest 35-40% of IT budget internally.
- Set up a project tracking process with merchandise, marketing and creative teams which resulted in 50% improvement in overall project delivery times.
- Re-negotiated contracts with vendors slashing costs by 25%, increasing vendor output up to 20%.
- Managed external/vendor developers (.NET/MS SQL – up to 12 developers, including offshore) and vendors’ support teams (4GL – US-based and offshore), established Agile/SDLC processes in DEV team.
- Led in-house e-commerce projects from gathering business requirements from multiple internal groups, defining scope of work to creating technical specifications, budgets to execution and deployment.
- Served as technical advisor leveraging new technologies, cross-divisional technology optimization, digital content distribution, CDN, CMS, CRM, data architecture and e-commerce infrastructure.
- Oversaw major projects, IT budgets, priorities, standards, procedures, and overall IT performance.
SENIOR WEB PROJECTS MANAGER / TEAM LEADER / OWNER
Zealus Web Design Studio, Brooklyn, NY
11/2005 – 11/2011
- Lead web design and technology development through all phases, from business goals to development, QA, and deployment.
- Managed and delivered e-commerce, CMS and other web projects, including development (LAMP/PHP, MySQL), pre-launch and after-launch support and maintenance, client support and training sessions.
- Gathered requirements from clients and prepared functional specifications and requirement documents; systems design documents, user manuals and help materials.
- Managed project budgets, schedules and resources; prepared budget and schedule estimates.
- Assisted clients with integration of multiple e-commerce sites based on various e-commerce platforms
- Hired and managed teams of developers (from 4 to 12 people), designers and UI engineers, including remote and offshore teams and developers.
- Pre- and post-sales negotiations with clients, strategic and IT advisement, selection of cloud solutions.
Healthfirst, New York, NY
04/2008 – 11/2011
- Worked with multiple business users across several departments to coordinate and finalize business requirements for designed software, produced functional specifications documents for major releases
- Spearheaded migrating development to C# from VB.NET; proposed and led migration from VSS 2005 to TFS 2010 as source control solution.
- Participated in team efforts to build new department-wide software development standards
- Developed and maintained multiple in-house applications (including EMR/CRM) using .NET 4.0/3.5/2.0, C#/VB.NET/ASP.NET interfacing multiple data sources (iSeries AS/400, MS SQL, flat file feeds, XML)
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER/DATABASE DEVELOPER/ADMINISTRATOR/CONSULTANT
06/1995 – 4/2008
Clients: Pfizer, ING Barings, Deutsche Bank, New York Life insurance, small businesses and individual clients
Courses in Business Analysis – 2008 – 2011
BA in Entrepreneurial Management, Baruch College, CUNY, New York, NY – 2007 – current